Are there rules about areas of the city of Cambridge where stoves are required to burn smokeless fuel?

Cambridge has one ‘Smoke Control Area’ which covers the city centre, west and south west areas – details are on the local Council website
If you live in the Smoke Control Area, you have two options, either:
1) You must burn an authorised smokeless fuel these include anthracite, semi-anthracite and low volatile steam coals. Note that wood is not authorised!
2) Any coal, wood or other fuel, which is not an authorised smokeless fuel, must be burnt on an heating appliance that is certified exempt for your chosen fuel – a exhaustive list of these appliances is here:

Read original article at Transition Cambridge